📚 The Sotonians Lockdown & Beyond Diaries

Reckon it’ll be remembered?

2 Likes

That is stress Intiniki slow down take it easy or you will make yourself ill which is no good for you or your customers.

I think it will be remembered by all decent people in this country, who won’t allow it to be forgotten. When the dust finally settles on this crisis i think the established order will find that the world has been changed by this event, when push really came to shove their stewardship has been found badly wanting. Trust has gone, veils are dropping from people’s eyes. And they know it. You can see it in Johnson and Hancock’s eyes, they are shitting themselves.

1 Like

I’d love to believe that, but how many times do we need to see the ‘heard’ led to think absolutely anything, no matter how ridiculous?

Nurses, cleaners and all the people that make life livable will be kicked back into the corner the moment they’re not needed and the bovine won’t notice as they’ll be given a new gameshow to clap along to.
Science has quite clearly been damned, so this will do.

https://t.co/d17LVf0npO?amp=1

A quote(I love them).

“Told you so”

Aldous Huxley March 2020

Yep pretty sure it is stress. Just woke up at 6am (though did crawl into bed at about 10.30). Both those times are not usual to me.
Our manager is telling us to slow down with work as less is currently coming in. I only have to take and make calls so should be ok.

1 Like

Oh yesterday we had our first report that children were being let out by their parents. So that will keep us busy.
There will be some kids who won’t listen. Also the kids in gangs may just continue as best they can. County lines may struggle if trains/taxis aren’t running as much.

No one actually still seems to be aware of what key worker is, people are still going about their business as per normal, and lots of business want to position themselves as key so they can keep the workers in.
There were arguments last week to whether the enforced 14 day self isolation was sickness or an exceptional circumstance ie still paid but doesn’t measure as sickness so won’t affect the equivalent of kpi’s.

They’ll get taxi’s, prices could go up so in turn there’ll be more burglaries by users.
This is why the army needs to work in tandem with the police, I’d love to see them in places where the coppers can’t operate now for fear of “community disharmony”, a butt in the head of a scally with no recompense of an appeal and less shitholes ran by dealers is a good thing.

:grinning:and it will undoubtedly be me!

cough
This is the diary thread not the general Coronavirus one :wink:

Stressful evening. Mother in Law saw a spike in her Blood Pressure and nothing would bring it down. As Doctor said, more dangerous to take her to Hospital for tests so family were up most the night.
Did finish The Valhalla Murders, a simple old fashioned whodunnit with obvious twists that kept us on the edge of our chairs instead of slumped in them.

Day 1 of UK style lockdown today, weather looks amazing out the window but a biting strong bone aching East Wind is wrecking any chance of being outside. TV Weather chick is broadcasting outside modern apartment block in Warsaw, everyone out on their balconies & very 2m apart
Good news is Mum started to feel better around 8am & is now up & about, she probably just missed a medication

Tomato & others are rocking.

4 Likes

Are you the fookin’ Martian?
images-2
images-1

2 Likes

Nice! I have my tomato, chilli, basil and coriander seeds doing well also.

Our disaster was finding we forgot to buy Chilli seeds
Not sure the seed shop is allowed to open now either
We have the shopping group out scavenging for us. We do have a big stock of pickled killer green ones from last year in an emergency.

1 Like

Is your postal service still operating? I could send you some.

Today I will mostly be trying to put a roof on a Minecraft house in code.

Badly.

So that tomorrow when I am working with an autistic child that loves Minecraft, I can let him type

steve.house()

And he’ll get a house with a roof.

Will go out for a bike ride later and sit in the sun in the garden and probably see if any of the shops have what we need - for the fifth time.

1 Like

Sneezing a lot - probably hayfever.

:crossed_fingers:

Yes, but it takes almost a month from the UK.
Still waiting for all the Xmas cards that were sent!
But appreciate the offer

Day 3 in the CB house

Bollocks to this home working malarkey- it’s knackering. I have done two weeks work in two days. Christ only knows what I do in the office

The Ayatollah and I are self isolating from each other this morning - fuck all to do with Covid though

Been for a ride - bastard cold out there - are newspaper deliveries strictly necessary?

Weakness Wednesday tonight so looking forward to wine

1 Like

…CB-Saint has entered the diary room. He has blood on his hands…

2 Likes

If @Goatboy could send over his book “Holes and where to dig them” that would be appreciated

4 Likes