⚽ :pl: The Sotonians Fantasy Football League 2019-20

Ok funsters, prepare for another year of domination by Bletch FC.

If the rest of you want to see who comes first of the losers, read on.

If you were previously in the Sotonians Fantasy League, then simply login to your account on the Premier League’s Fantasy Football site and re-enter your team and you will automatically be enrolled in our Sotonians.com league.

If you are new to Fantasy Football then first visit the Premier League’s Fantasy Football site and follow the instructions to register a team.

Once your team is registered find the option that shows you the leagues you are in and select the option to join a private league and, when prompted, enter the following code.

2096526-481196

Good luck.

3 Likes

Does one need to use PayPal to do this?
Asking for a friend.
If he can get to a computer

No mate. It’s all free. There’s also a pretty good app from the Premier League which you can use instead of the web.

I’ve done that well the last couple of seasons that somebody’s actually hacked into and stolen my account. :joy: FPL customer support were about as much use as a back-3 of Hoedt, Bednarek and Vestergaard so unfortunately I’ve had to start anew.

But it’s OK, 'cos I’ve joined the league with my new team. Already spent an ungodly amount of time tinkering with GW1 drafts…

2 Likes

I’ve entered with a random team, no doubt I’ll be panicking and tinkering come Friday afternoon…

@ant’s here. Everyone, come see, @ant’s made it to Discourse.

Good to see you again, mate. Hope you’re well.

You won’t believe this but in every year I haven’t won the Sotonians’ Fantasy Football League, my account was hacked too.

Usually by some drunken twat that made stupid transfers or ridiculous captaincy decisions.

3 Likes

In other news, I’ve just realised that I’m going to be in a tent in Dorset again from tomorrow for the rest of the week, so today is my last real chance to pick my team.

Fuck.

I’ll concede already.

Also, in other other news, and this is the last time I will be so kind, EVERYONE PLEASE REMEMBER IT’S A FRIDAY EVENING KICK-OFF TO THE PREM AGAIN THIS SEASON.

So when you log in on Saturday morning to pick your team, don’t say you weren’t warned.

1 Like

Please refrain from such helpful posts, my mediocre achievements in fantasy football rely solely on other people fucking up.

2 Likes

Like I say, it’ll be the last one.

From now on, you’re all dead to me.

Sorry I should have directed that to the whole forum, I think Bob has a habit of posting about player injuries so need to watch him too :eye::eye:

1 Like

I’ll accept your qualification and this is the last time I’ll post player injury news, but Armstrong has done a cruciate and is out for the season.

So best to leave him out.

#misdirection.

:lou_wink:

2 Likes

I am in. FWIW. Enjoy

So can someone walk me through what I need to do to sign up and actually do

Anyone…?

Start off by visiting here…

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

and click on the banner to Sign Up Now.

Fill in your details and create the account.

The best thing to do first is use the auto-complete option to get the system to pick a team for you. You can changed this at any time before the first match kicks off.

The Object

The object of the game is to score the most points. It’s actually really simple and you’ll get the hang of it by playing.

Players score points for different things. Clean sheets (Goalkeepers, Defenders and Midfielders), assists (all), number of goals scored, being on the pitch for a certain amount of time, etc.

Players in different positions score points at different rates based on how difficult it is for them to impact those things. Defenders get more points for scoring than a forward for example, a goalkeeper and defender get more points for clean sheet than a midfielder, etc.

You will pick a team of 11 with 4 substitutes (15 players in total) from a maximum budget of £100M. You can only pick a maximum of 3 players from any one Premiership team.

You need to pick 2 'keepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards.

When you come to the match, you will select your strongest 11 from those 15 and you can chose a formation (3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-4-2, etc) that suits you.

You are able to transfer players at any time but you only get one free transfer each week and if you make more than one transfer you will be docked 4 points.

That should get you going.

You’ll get a lot of useful and friendly advice on here.

1 Like

Right, so far we have 16 brave Sotonians entered into our league.

If you haven’t already done so, do so!

It couldn’t be easier to sign-up and the game will even pick a team for you. You can leave this as is, or like the rest of us, you can spend every waking moment planning transfers by trying to guess if today will be the day that Long scores or if Forster (in goal due to catastrophic misfortune involving a chicken kebab and the Goalkeeping staff pre-season drinks) will keep a clean sheet.

You get a season worth of banter, and escapism so on those dark days in recent years when you realise we’ve bought a crock of shit, we’re managed by a crock of shit and we’re run by a crock of shit, your fantasy football captain (double points) might just get a hat-trick and make everything OK again. For a while.

See here for sign-up instructions and here for a brief overview of the game.

1 Like

Ok. Own up. Who has just transferred Southampton’s own Danny Ings in?

You, obvs.
Just out of interest, how much?
Already got Vestergaard, Armstrong and Gabbiadini in mine(3 saints players should be compulsory on a Saints site), so would have to dump one. Think i will wait as i’m hoping Gabbiadini gets decent game time and service.

A bargain £5.5m.

He was priced based on the fact he was never getting a game for Liverpool.