😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

One of the polish girls was cooking sardines yesterday - converted all of the office remainers at a stroke

3 Likes

“cooking sardines”. Euphemism?

3 Likes

Wedding party. 4 hours from civilisation. Pre gig drinks reception.
One of the younger guests spend evening fielding you & xxx are next questions
His GF finds text from his ex & discovers they’ve been shagging for a year.
Demands to leave.
Everyone is pickled.
Drama. No sleep.Dont tell the bride. Single track road for an hour out of here in the dark.
He made it to the airport dropped her at 5am. Which is a miracle.
Hope he gets back, he was our lift outta here Sunday

When you win all 3 games in your pool league match, including the first one, yet your team still lose 9-3

4 Likes

Just shy of 3 months in new job and seem to have a rude colleague who is fine with others but super snappy with me. :woman_shrugging:t2:

My tactic is to be very polite to rude people, it seems to confuse them. However it is imperative that whilst maintaining this air of friendliness you don’t accommodate them in any way or do the things they want you to. It’s a fine art :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Tonight I met up with two of my ex colleagues (now good mates) from my last job. I mentioned it to one and she was surprised as generally I get on with everyone. I know we don’t always like/get on with people but at work just be civil. I will keep being nice.

2 Likes

Absolutely correct Gav it confuses the fuck out of them and do use Sir / Ma’am as well.

And then do something completely different but correctly.

1 Like

Re: people you don’t get on with- see this site,??

1 Like

This is really starting to annoy me more and more. “News” articles that are just quotes from people’s tweets. It’s not news it’s just an opinion piece. We cannot on Twitter and find that ourselves if we want. I don’t care what idiot1234 has to say about any topic.
This seems to be mostly is the local online news “papers” but I’ve seen it on BBC and others.

3 Likes

Drives me ballistic, that. Why the hell are the bbc quoting anything from twitter anyway? :angry::angry:

2 Likes

The state of journalism is a fucking scandal. Award winning journalists like Pilger, Fisk, Hersch are marginalised because they don’t toe the line. The public is left trawling twitter for illegitimate info from dubious sources or sucking on the MSM breast.

4 Likes

I was chatting to a friend of a friend last night about Venezuela as she had been there too. I was saying it’s not all that it seems on the news. Her go to were BBC and Guardian. I suggested looking a bit wider as they are limited too.

Knowing that when we get home I’m gonna be forced to binge watch Outlander Season 3 after this weekend

Eating frozen jelly beans and breaking your teeth

1 Like

Sanding down after shit plasterers.

1 Like

Someone hasn’t been wearing safety goggles

2 Likes

Or a respiratory mask either. Would be thrown off one of my sites. :wink:

4 Likes

And mine too.

On a more serious note Matt, silica ingestion/inhalation is the new “asbestos” health issue on construction sites. You need to be taking more care of yourself. It’s a huge HSE campaign (quite rightly so) and insurers are forecasting that it will affect more people than asbestos ever did and eclipse insurance payouts …

SCD

1 Like

Your concern is touching. I would like to say I have taken note but actually this is just full of peanuts.

6 Likes