šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Ouch. 36 years ago?

1 Like

Donā€™t believe it.

1 Like

Getting out of London in a car. We left Islington at 3pm. 2 hours later just about hitting the M3. Never again.
Off to a 50th down in Somerset. Itā€™s going to be a late one.

On a Friday as well. Schoolgirl error @Intiniki

:lou_facepalm_2:

Hope you have a good time thoughā€¦eventually

1 Like

Iā€™m with Cob on this. You picked(probably forced) the worse possible time.
Have you got there yet?

1 Like

It took 4 hours and a bit to get here. I think error was not getting on to north circular and tying to go via kingscross and west way. We did toy with going by train but we may have to go elsewhere on Saturday so decided on car.

1 Like

You could have just hired a car when you got to the station, this is 2019 after all.

Oh, hang onā€¦in Somerset. Forget I spoke.

4 Likes

Station was 10 mins walk from b&b so we should have got a train. Though of course it costs a small fortune these days.

2 Likes

For a Nation aspiring to greenness I was shocked to find that if I fly in to a London Airport alone, for less than a week it is cheaper to rent a car & pay for fuel than to catch a train home.
Local trains here are actually cheaper than using a bus, although long distance rail travel (e.g. 350km to Warsaw return is Ā£60 Which is expensive for here).
Still bit early to be queuing to pitch your tent at Glasto isnā€™t it?

ā€¦and thatā€™s alone. If there were more than one travelling its no wonder everyone takes the car.

1 Like

Haha. Maybe should have popped to Worthy to check things out.

I had to put this here as it was an annoyance

1 Like

Getting a VIP Invite with flight & 2 nights hotel included back to Dubai this week for the opening of a factory I helped set up and with some big local VIPs.
And Iā€™m going to be on the coast of Scotland at a family wedding in gales & snow.
:lou_facepalm_2:

Donā€™t forget your sunscreen. :lou_wink:

1 Like

Or they could pay full taxes.

:rage:

1 Like

Could put it off no longer.
Need a printer.
Go to store, ask 5 times does it come with full cartridges or test cartridges (ie do I need to spend an extra Ā£30 today?)
No, not with this model.
OK great.
Get home, an hour from the store with 60 odd pages to print.
It comes with Test Cartridges which will manage about 20 copies.
Cvnts.

I feel your pain, Phil. We probably all do. Most printers designed for home/home office use are pretty mush as disposable as the consumables that they use - once youā€™ve paid for a couple of sets of cartridges youā€™ve spent as much as the printer cost. And they always, always seem to come with cartridges that are about a quarter full if that. Shockingly wasteful.

Follow install sequence. It is connected to the WiFi network, it has an IP address. And of course Nothing, not a phone nor any one of 3 laptops can talk to it.
Do they enclose a cable? No of course not.

I have a printer that works perfectly. First time ever. I have already told mrs g that if she ever unplugs it there will be a divorce. I know it will never work properly again if I have to reset it.

2 Likes

At least my laptop now sees it thatā€™s an improvement.
I am getting shit because I couldnā€™t manage a simple task. Argh