😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

You’re wearing that joke a bit thin mate :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

She was cute. It was quick. It didn’t hurt.

It does now.

1 Like

Meal out with C_S Lil Sis and Bro_in_Law at Whites Brasserie in Oxshott.

Everyone had just about an ok meal apart from me who had pork belly and dauphinois Spuds that had been carbonised under a grill also everything tasted burnt. Came also with braised cabbage. Not partial to eating boiled cabbage stalks with about 2 leaves.

We left without a dessert

Am having a sandwich

:rage:

2 Likes

Trying to get a shower fixed. It’s not the one I use but as I am home a lot I’ve got the envious task of trying to get someone in to sort it. Having chatted to about 3 plumbers (one came around had a look and then left abruptly) we have worked out the issue. Something to do with the thermostat. I’m bored of ringing plumbers, then not bothering to come to look and say what it is and give a quote and fix it. I’m trying one more time tomorrow then my partner can try. Honestly it has pissed me right off.

What you need to do is get an electrician instead of a plumber.

Plumbers these days only do the pipework electricians will fix the thermostat.

Plumbers are in such short supply these days that they tend not to bother with small jobs. If they do, it’s usually only to keep a regular customer sweet so the best thing you can do is to take the old fashioned approach to tradesmen; find one you like and stick with them, rather than the modern way of chiselling around for the cheapest quote for anything and everything. It’s easier, saves you time (and probably money) in the long run, and they’ll pop round to fix minor issues simply because you’re a regular customer.

4 Likes

If only the UK hadn’t scared all those Eastern European tradesmen back home

:roll_eyes:

It might be cheaper and quicker just to buy a new one.

I second this, and probably easier too

In fact you and I could probably do it. NOw that’s an idea, checkasotonian.com tradesmen for the masses

I will make a diagnosis from what I have heard so far.

The Thermostat is defective and needs to be replaced.
The unit is now oblsolete and spares cannot be obtained.
You need to buy a new shower unit.
You will need a plumber to install it.

Sort of done this. Local plumbers around the corner who have sorted tap issues but I have been told to buy the thermostat and then they’ll come around. @Polski_Filip these guys are Albanian and nice chaps.
@PhilippineSaint don’t say I need to call someone else!
@Saint-or-sinner @BTripz it’s one of those showers that’s in the wall and may need new tiles if it has to be redone.
Right I’m going to try this one last guy and see if he will come and sort it. If not my partner can sort it and I’ll just be at home when they come around.

1 Like

Sorry @Intiniki.

With the new information supplied.

You will need the following:

A new Unit.
A plumber to install it.
An electrician to certify the electrical connections.
A tiler and plaster to refix the walls after installation and testing.

This 5 min thermostst check has now become a 2 week project.

Sorry :lou_is_a_flirt:

4 Likes

4 Likes

And a decorator to rectify the inevitable carnage.

3 Likes

It’ll probably be cheaper to move.

3 Likes

Guess what. Plumber was too busy. The shower works, just not amazingly. I could defo live with it as it is. My partner cannot.

1 Like

When I was back in the UK I went down the Jolly Sailor at Ashlett creek and just as i was leaving another patron ordered a pack of pork scratchings .

So I then took the remaining packets on the board to bring home.

As I have little to do whilst listening to the music I am reading the back of the packet and it states

“Only for people with strong healthy teeth” (not a problem)
“Although every care has been taken to remove bones some may remain”

It perplexes me what bones are in pig skin?

A bit of grissle the odd bit of keratin (toenail) but bone??

Wtf happened to the exchange rate?
10% increase in value of the ÂŁ vs the Zloty since early February
BoÄșlox that’s hit my Malt Whisky budget next week

Its definately the GBP going down the crapper

USD to Peso is the Same

About 10th Feb I got 4.58 Zloty for ÂŁ1
Today it was 4.99 to 5.01 depending where I went which is a rise of almost 10% in the pound.
Then I worked out the place “the friends” recommended as having good rates was a rip off