šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Having just re-read your last sentence of that post maybe notā€¦

1 Like

Struggling with a case. I feel we should spend a bit of money on the case to avoid larger costs later.

I consider myself quite lucky in some respects, I have always had jobs fall into my lap when I have needed them, but I have also been able to walk away from jobs that arenā€™t working out. If Iā€™m not helping let me know. I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m helpingā€¦

4 Likes

Silly Intiniki, cutting costs right now and reducing spending is priority for social care and NHS, didnā€™t anyone tell you?

1 Like

Nah its good man, Iā€™ve been posting this stuff to get different perspectives. Iā€™ve been trying get thoughts from as many different folk as possible.

Just got a message off a friend and former colleague, who I respect very much (he had said this offer felt ā€˜offā€™). Turns out he knows someone that works at the company in question. This person is overworked, underpaid and doing jobs that arenā€™t his at all. Fuck me that is a relief. Feeling slightly better already.

5 Likes

Sounds like youā€™ve dodged a bullet, I donā€™t even like doing my jobs let alone some other fuckerā€™s jobs too.

5 Likes

There you areā€¦your instincts are good, listen to them. :lou_lol:

6 Likes

You need to get to the pub pronto

:lou_lol:

2 Likes

Iā€™m off to a gig tonight with some old friends and former colleagues (including the aforementioned chap thatā€™s been giving some sound advice - certainly owe him a couple of beers!).

Many beers will be taken.

4 Likes

So what pushed you over the edge - if youā€™re happy to share that is?

I have long had a history of terrorising cold callers. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m on a list somewhere.

Iā€™ve had a couple of people phone me up lately, with thick Indian accents. The first chap asked me about an accident Iā€™d been in. I confirmed that I had been in an accident, a telephone accident, and that someone had crashed into my phone fifteen seconds ago.

ā€œActually, it was fourteen seconds agoā€, he says, before doing a mic drop. You canā€™t help but chuckle, especially when it sounded so cool in that brogue.

The second fella starts off by saying ā€œHello, my name is Edward Robinsonā€.

Aware of corporate attempts to bridge the continental gap, by getting call centre peeps to watch Eastenders and anglicise their names, I say ā€œthat is a top English name, sirā€.

He says ā€œYes, Iā€™m loving it!ā€ brilliantly enthusiastically, and again, it sounds great in that accent.

Iā€™m starting to identify with my cold calling offshore captors. Itā€™s only a matter of time before someone tells me ā€œwe have detected virus on your computerā€ and I believe them.

Agents who chase you for a CV that they need to get to a client urgently, then go on paternity leave and give you the contact details of someone else in the organisation who doesnā€™t get back to you.

When you feel like your coming down with some lurgy and itā€™s a week away to a week off. And in that week itā€™s pretty busy with cases.

#metoo - oh, wait :lou_facepalm_2:

The sniffles.

#manfluproblems

1 Like

I live in the first world when it come to this sort of problem

Iā€™m not surprised if you are still wearing those glasses.

1 Like

Not been happy in my work for a while and fallen out of love with it, time for a break or maybe do something a bit different :lou_smiley:

1 Like

Great you are in a position to do it.

Hope you land on your feet soon.

1 Like

I mostly do, Iā€™ve even landed on my face a couple of times but still managed to bounce back :lou_sunglasses:

5 Likes