šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

6th day of having no air conditioning.
3 days with totally wrong diagnosis (it was the central system in the building) then the motor is broken. Go away come back next day with new one, then itā€™s a step down transformer. Go away not come back.
29C indoors ffs

Ahh the joys of living in a Dubai Apartment not.

I once had a job repairing the hot water boilers for various apartments / hotels in Dubai and they would phone at the most awkward time for them to be fixed.

Like when you were just crossing the road to go into the York Hotel or the Panorama and they expected you to drop everything and fix it .
No bloody chance.

1 Like

There used to be a bloody good band in the York Hotel and not the downstairs bar either :wink:

Some communication with a recruitment agent. I do this a lot.

Recruity McRecruit-Face

Hi Paul, I hope you are keeping well!! I came across your details on LinkedIn and found your background really interesting. I wanted to check if you would be interested to explore opportunities in Ireland, and relocating here for the right role?

With the Irish tech market booming, we are working very closely with a number of global tech companies who are in the middle of large recruitment drives and are seeking the best engineers to join. We have a number of Backend and Full stack C# Developers roles with great benefits for excellent developers.

Would you be interested in having an informal conversation to discuss some of the roles that we have in more depth that we have in Ireland at present?
Many thanks in advance for your time & consideration.

The result of my time and consideration

Hi Recruity,

Would you be interested? Imagine youā€™re sat at work, precisely one Irish Sea away, and this opportunity falls in your lap.

Thereā€™s no salary mentioned, no firms mentioned, no technology mentioned and your new role is not even in the country where you live.
Worse, due to the developing political situation, such an applicant may not even be able to live there after March 29th 2019 without some kind of work visa that would put said applicant at the mercy of his or her employer.

Iā€™d take that risk for Honolulu. I wouldnā€™t be as keen for Kinsale.

Leo Varadkar wonā€™t be looking as smart next year when heā€™s jumped off Barnierā€™s knee and realises heā€™s bust the booming tech market by putting visa barriers in front of British tech talent.

But he looks so important now :smiley:

1 Like

Day 3
Maintenance have fitted 3 new electric motors. All 3 have blown up. They are now lounging in the foyer waiting for a 4th motor to be delivered
Perhaps something is blowing up the motors I say. Have you checked the electricity?
And on we go now 31C and another day stuck in waiting on them.
Can I take that job in Ireland Pap?

I believe you will find that you have 440 volt supply and they have connected 220 volt motors tends to blow them up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The a/c worked for an hour. After some discussion the landlord decided his rectum woukd be better served by delivering and installing the CORRECT specification of motor tomorrow with the ability to cope with 220v and run at the proper rpm.
I maintained politeness at all times.
Back to 29,5C

1 Like

More recruiter woes (sorry @CB-Saint!)

Below is an email exchange I have had this morning, all I have changed is the names.

Hi KRG

Iā€™m getting in touch because I have a new position which you might like to apply for. This design role is with an independent studio based in a lovely part of London. You will be building new games as well as adding interesting features to some existing titles. These will all be mobile free to play titles. Would you like some more detail?

Thanks!
Recruiter
Design Consultant

Hi Recruiter,

Thanks for getting in touch. Iā€™m a little concerned about the Senior level, but Iā€™d like to hear a bit more if possible, please?

Best
KRG

Hi KRG

It might be a bit too senior for you, this is with Supersolid, the spec of what they are looking for ideally is attached for you to have a look at let me know if you have any questions about the role.

Would you like to be considered by them for this position?

Many Thanks

Recruiter

Design Consultant

Sadā€¦during my long career I think there were only about 3 people I worked with I would call a Cunt.

Here?

Ah thatā€™s a different matterā€¦not real life is it. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

When you get the fvck off your flight cancellation wasnt our fault email from Ryanair and they refuse your EC261 Compensation claimā€¦
But did not actually say why the flight was cancelled.

From the Friday on the Sauce thread.

This bit to go into the annoying things of life thread as well.could be another week or so before that back to back of mine is well enough to come offshore. Then I will only get 2 weeks at home as if I start changing the rota around now it will fuck up me getting Christmas and New Year off.

2 Likes

Got back from pub last night and now have to share my parents spare room with 3 dogs. They were all barking but I ended up under 3 dogs on the single bed.
About 3.30am I hear reteching. Joy. I canā€™t see anything. Get back into bed and put my foot in dog sick. Heā€™d managed to vomit underneath the duvet. Dealing with that with a pounding headache was lovely. Apparently one of the other dogs was sick on dadā€™s bed.
:angry:

5 Likes

The two chatty banking men on the train home in the quiet zone. Donā€™t they know Iā€™ve got a hangover and had very little sleep due to dog sick!?
So inconsiderate.

2 Likes

Ahh the joys of dog ownership. :lou_lol:

Rule number 1. Dogs not allowed on beds.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m sure some of the boys on here may have some stories that contradict that ruleā€¦

2 Likes

Leave my mrs out of this, phil

2 Likes

gosh are there lots of canine owners on here?

2 Likes

Not me

Best of all I donā€™t have to take them for walks and they shit in the neighbors gardens

:lou_lol:

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen your wifeā€™s pussy in the shower.

1 Like