šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Reading today that 2 BILLION quid of NHS money has been paid to Richard Branson over the past 5 years. All paid to his tax dodging company in Tortila in the Virgin Islands. What a fucking disgrace.

7 Likes

I was getting offered IT work for that business opportunity as early as 2010. I turned it down, of course. At that point, Iā€™d already turned down a firm that was working for a client that was doing work for a proto-Wonga legalised loan shark outfit. This year, I turned down work at a law firm taking the case of a corporation bang to rights on malfeasance.

Fucking left wing contracting. It doesnā€™t pay as well.

1 Like

I got horribly drunk at a works Xmas do in 2006.
Met this cute chick at a karaoke bar.
It cost me everything in the divorce but gave me total happiness when we married 5 years later
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I watered the garden this evening as quite a few plants were on their last legs.

It has now been pissing down for over an hour and counting

Bloody weather

:lou_angry:

1 Like

Discovering that the edge of that pond is the border with Czech.
And just behind those trees I could have had a herbal chocolate brownie legallyā€¦
:roll_eyes:

Always have your passport on you!

If I had that plate of food, that beer, that view and the weather thereā€™s no way Iā€™d want to be moving for some ganga biscuits.

2 Likes

Realising you are an utter idiot that canā€™t be trusted to do anything and has only just noticed Iā€™ve booked tickets to two gigs tomorrow

:lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Which gigs? And where

Confidence Man @ The Scala.

Sharon van Etten + Hercules & Love Affair @ Royal Albert Hall.

I can help you decide which to go to if youā€™re struggling.

Oh thereā€™s no choice at all.

Then my work here is done. You may see me again sometime if youā€™re ever in need of assistance. Or you may not.

2 Likes

You are not alone. We have done that too.

Just been to a step class after work. No real excuse over the summer to avoid the gym as itā€™s about a 2 min walk from my office and 10 mins to home. I am currently not having to do too many pm visits. But now need a large alcoholic to get over the trauma of my lack of coordination and being massively unfit.

1 Like

Can I help?

10 Likes

Large alcoholic drink.
Must remember to put my reading glasses on/proof read.

2 Likes

Thinking I am clever by buying a 5 gallon bottle of Ad Blue to save a few quid, to then be confronted by the fact the filler tube has been put in the most inaccessible part of the engine bayā€¦ then having to spend ages tryin* to work out how to get it in there without covering me / the car / the drive in diluted pig piss (that what your modern diesel now runs on).

Funnily enough the Ayatollah balked at me suggested I use the funnel / gravy jug from the kitchen.

1 Like

Which is why we went today :wink:
After we got bored of these views after about 4 hours

In Apple store on regent st. Only here for my friend doing a presentation. Iā€™m surrounded by tech I have no interest in.

1 Like