The Ashes Down Under - 2017-18

OK so I am dumb enough to continue this thread…

Anderson says the tour has not been disastrous.

Meantime Bayliss says he will step down, when his contract runs out after the 2019 ashes, because: “a new voice and a different coach often reinvigorates things”.

Too many WTFs to even start :lou_facepalm_2:

County cricket, wickets, weather, not enough time, too few schools have the money to play it and the old boy network are all at fault here, lets not forget we also have always played attritional boring wear them down cricket which isn’t good for the 4/5 day game hence why the short forms of the game for cricket lite fans has stormed ahead.

We simply don’t have the talent in the team or coming through, its poor, we can’t bat as a team for a day let alone have some players coming off for the next morning, we don’t have pace for wickets abroad, we have no spinner, we’re 3 batsmen (I am being kind here) short in the line up and there should be no fudging around the issue.

The excuse of we competed at some point in the 5 games but weren’t ruthless enough is an insult to any cricket fans intelligence and akin to the nations football teams excuses, one thing this Country does excell at is excuses, I don’t want excuses I want the reasons for failure and them either to be addressed or to be acknowledged.

You clearly follow Bumble on Twitter Bazza :sunglasses:

That debate has been raging a few weeks now.

Simple answervcricket and golf have problems. Attention span of yoof/Time it takes to play.

Then we add all the school trouble and the local leagues/villages.

I played 20 over midweek league games before it was called T20 and Sunday friendly village cricket. Neither would be easy these days, I have to post on here and how can I take Instagram pics standing at slip?

1 Like

I blame the Chinese.

1 Like

I love the game even though I am a poor cricketer myself, its a game for the priveleged, priveleged of time, money and opportunity, its a minority sport so I can see why they have sold out but it hasn’t improved the long form obviously and the rest of the World is even worse, if it wasn’t for India the long form would be redundant bar the Ashes.