:netflix::prime_video_logo: Streaming Recommendations

Need a good movie to fill the afternoon, preferably a thriller but not of cape swirling sword and sorcery variety. Suggest away.

Not a thriller but we watched Fisherman’s Friends last night on Prime. Unashamedly, I really enjoyed it. Great songs (sea shanties for you philistines) and a heart warming story to-boot.

SCD

1 Like

I enjoyed a 3 day Lord of the Rings rewatch.
I assume you’ve seen The Two Popes & The Irishman, both excellent

It isn’t new, but have you watched Annihilation? An Alex Garland thing, so expect musings on the nature of being human amongst the near-future action thrills.

2 Likes

mmmmm… Tuppence…

1 Like

Indeed … :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I watched Bronson this morning you farkin cunts!

1 Like

If you haven’t seen District 9, give it a go.

It is probably my favourite sci-fi film of the 21st century.

EDIT They’ve got Outbreak on too, which is a good film.

District 9 is fucking amazing. The only real inheritor of the spirit of Robocop.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations all.
Took @Saint-CD 's advice and watched Fishermen’s Friends and can confirm it’s a nice feel good movie. :lou_lol:
Think we’ll be going with The Irishman tomorrow.

1 Like

I applaud the sentiment and the final destination, but I’d insist we went via Starship Troopers on the way.

2 Likes

My good lady’s not a Sci-fi fan and I need to cultivate good will if I am to survive the Lock-down. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I believe it’s fair to post this again

1 Like

In that case An English Game.
It has a football story.
It has historical drama.
It has trouble a t’mill
It has Womens Rights.

It is 6 parts and hits every button on both sides of the couch. Mrs P_F loved it, daughter loved it.
Son in Law loved it, I REALLY enjoyed it.

1 Like

watch Tiger King - it’s absolutely fucking batshit crazy

2 Likes

I lasted an hour into the Irishman. Even in a lockdown I am not sure I’d go back to it.

Just finished watching a film on Am Prime. My wife informed me it was her turn to choose so we watched the action movie “Olympus Has Fallen”
Fuckin’ hell the death count was just short of WW2. If you enjoy shoot 'em up US flag waving BS you’ll like this.
Personally it was 2 hours I’ll never get back.

2 Likes

OK, so you need to tune in via laptop but…

Look forward to your review of London has Fallen