:pl: :saintsfc: Southampton v Sheffield Utd :sheffieldunitedfc: (live on :sky_logo: sports)

:saintsfc: v :sheffieldunitedfc:

• the fans in attendance will get on the :saints: players’ backs, expect the first :sheffieldunitedfc: win of the season
  • :saints: are going to roll :sheffieldunitedfc: over
  • 12 o’clock KO on a Sunday! This has got draw written all over it
  • Billy Sharp comes on in the last 5 minutes and scores a hat-trick to seal the win.

0 voters

First game since Covid with fans in attendance, :sheffieldunitedfc: may not have won all season but you can bet your bottom dollar they’ll win this one.

Especially with our uber fans yelling get it forward, and groaning whenever we recycle possession. Romeu will probably get called a donkey many times and Vestergaard will be told he’s not fit to wear the Saints shirt…

I, of course, am not including @Lets-B-Drinking in this, are you actually going @Lets-B-Drinking or anyone else from this parish?

Haven’t heard yet.

Hutch getting his excuses in early in his Brighton post-match interview

The crowd was also there, for the players a little but more stress.

I will be there. My ticket is for Block 33. Row Y. Only about 40 seats and 1 row from my usual seat.

The ref will definitely hear me this time.

3 Likes

We should start a list of Xmas messages for you to shout out while everyone else is toasty and warm and getting pissed watching you (& the Saints obv) on the telly box.

Please wear a Pink Carnation and take a folded copy of The Times for ease of identification

:+1:

2 Likes

I will also hurl abuse at Alan Smith, if he is summarising, as he will be close enough and I will have had pre match beers at home for breakfast.

5 Likes

For those that are going enjoy sitting in the cold murmuring at the ref

I’m going all in that it’s still going to take 15 minutes to get a shit* beer at half time.

*corrected for actual reality purposes.

5 Likes

Ralph has a fully fit squad for Sunday

2 Likes

We are fucked.

Lawro’s sold us down the river by predicting a win.

When does a bad start to the season become a crisis? It is getting to that stage for Sheffield United now.

The Blades were so close to getting a point against Leicester last weekend, which would have been a huge building block for them, but instead they ended up being beaten again.

The next few weeks are going to be massive for Chris Wilder’s side because if they are not careful, they are going to end up being cast adrift.

In contrast, things are going pretty well for Southampton at the moment - the more I see of them, the more impressed I am.

Saints work extremely hard from front to back but it is the movement of their front players that stands out the most. On top of that, Oriol Romeu gives them a proper foundation in midfield and allows their forwards to strut their stuff.

Sheffield United certainly do not lack effort either, though, and they are still competitive. They just don’t seem to be able to turn that into chances and goals.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

Mo’s prediction: I don’t think anyone saw Sheffield United doing as badly as they are. In contrast, Saints are on the up and up and I think I am being quite generous saying the Blades are going to score. 3-1

1 Like

I just read that Dave Watson was not the goalkeeping coach anymore. He is now full time set piece coach with i think it was someone called Armstrong taking over goalkeeping duties.
McCarthy has done so well this season, there may be a connection

2 Likes

Is Andrew Sparkes not the goalkeeping coach anymore?

I wasnt sure of the name, i maybe had Stue on my mind when I read the article. I read it off one post on news now

Danny starts, with Theo and Armstrong ahead of Djenepo and Redmond.

2 Likes

Nice. Good formation

I’m afraid its curtains for us today.

As in I’m fvcking stuck buying fvcking curtains.
On top of which the internet is out in the village AGAIN FFS

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

1st world problems…

1 Like