šŸœ On-Going Forum Bug (Bertie)

Well itā€™s ā€˜fixedā€™ now which is why you can now edit.

Previously, any attempt to edit a post produced a server error 500. I traced it to a plugin that I had just re-installed whilst trying to find the source of our original bug.

The 500 error MIGHT have been the source of our message bus failure errors that we discussed, but I just donā€™t know.

Iā€™ve reported the issue to the plugin author - here is the detailā€¦

Iā€™m hoping he doesnā€™t want me to do more testing as it will mean breaking editing and lots of server bounces. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Oh, and kudos for finding the insert ReplyGIF button!

1 Like

1 Like

Who says I did, who says I havenā€™t been doing what Iā€™ve been doing previously and going to replygif.com and getting links for the gifs in question??

1 Like

Well i for one take my hat off to you saintbletch. I really donā€™t have a clue what any of this means. Discourse legal tools, binary chops, meme generators, retort plugins etc. A foreign language to an old Luddite like me. I am in awe!

3 Likes

We wouldnā€™t have any bugs if I really knew what I was doing!

3 Likes

OKā€¦ so not quite on trackā€¦ but any similarity what with all these bugs?

Now we have a hitler memeā€¦ we are complete

2 Likes

The Bug is back and I think its very angry.

Wouldnā€™t you be if someone was trying to make you homeless?

I can concur with @Lets-B-Drinking, the disappearing of the bottom of the page stuff is backā€¦

1 Like

1 Like

cunts

1 Like

4 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m in a urinal pissing whilst I type but I can share that this is disappointing news.

Cunts.

I do hope you mean standing next to one and not actually in it

4 Likes

Knowing @saintbletch, and how small his little man is, heā€™ll have to be in it to stand any chance of weeing in it tooā€¦

2 Likes

I know I know nothing but it would seem that our bug problem does not compare to that of SteveWeb.

Can someone else try logging on there to see if its just my piss poor computer or something interesting?

Right, funsters.

Can someone please confirm that after doing a hard-refresh - (CTRL+F5 on PC, āŒ˜ + R on Mac, or closing all sotonian tabs and reopening them on mobile platforms), the bug is still there?

Yesterday, before I went out to drink and be harangued by Internet weirdos at the urinal, I left 6 or 7 topics open in my browser. You lot reported that the original bug was back, but all of my topics are showing fine.

Iā€™d be glad if it is actually back as it will mean that (I THINK) I know the source, but Iā€™m just not sure it is back.

1 Like