šŸœ On-Going Forum Bug (Bertie)

Donā€™t want to jinx anything, but I think itā€™s gone. Iā€™ve been viewing a few threads while posts have been made in others (which, as I mentioned above, appeared to be the trigger); but at no point has the screen been truncated. Hurrah for Balti Stench!

2 Likes

Binary chop now needed @saintbletch

1 Like

I miss the lovely little bug.

(Sob!)

Poor homeless little bug

2 Likes

Yeah, that was the approach I took to get here.

Iā€™m going to leave it a little longer to be sure - to be sure.

1 Like

Little Buggy was a very fine bug, and I can understand your sorrow. But a time must come for all bugs*, and so it was for poor Buggy.

*This clearly doesnā€™t apply to bugs that inhabit Microsoft operating systems and software. They can often live forever.

Point of order.

ā€˜Buggyā€™ MIGHT have been found but he isnā€™t dead yet, Iā€™ve simply removed the food he likes so now heā€™s lying dormantā€¦oh whatever, grow the fuck up the pair of you!

But what if the bug had just given birth? Couldnā€™t we find it in our hearts to let them back?

2 Likes

OK, I think the bug disappeared with my last culling so Iā€™ll now add half of the removed plugins back in.

Putting back

• Etiquette
  • Discourse Legal Tools
  • ImgFlip (memes)

The latter being added back so @Map-Of-Tasmania can share the hilarious meme from last night.

If I was a betting man, Iā€™d say that one of these will bring the bug back. Weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Before reporting that the bug has either returned or is still at bay, please remember to do a CTRL+F5, pull down to refresh or close the browser and re-open it.

Fucker wonā€™t work on safariā€¦ (posh rich fucker Powerbook init)

What wonā€™t work, map?

When I try to insert my huge meme into your forum space, it clams up, as if frightened of the sensation(s) it would causeā€¦

Interesting.

Iā€™ll take a look.

That is indeed broken. A different issue though. Thx.

Does this mean we have more than one bug? Are they breeding?

3 Likes

Please do, I have my huge meme to insert

Itā€™s the mother of all bugs

Well, Iā€™ve reported the Meme Generator (ImgFlip) bug - itā€™s reproducible in the ā€œauthorā€™s sandboxā€ (two words that wonā€™t mean much to non-Geeks) which means they can see what is going on. Our original bug is still at large.

As a special treat to you @Map-Of-Tasmania, Iā€™ve got a great new ReplyGif plugin to try while we wait for the Meme Generator bug to be fixed.*

I thought that would make you happyā€¦

Whatā€™s that, you couldnā€™t give a shit?

* the only issue is that software quality assurance rule #82.1J states that whilst controlling all variables in the environment to track down a bug, donā€™t introduce another one. So Iā€™m loath to add it until Iā€™ve tracked down the source of the original bug.

1 Like