šŸ’° šŸ¶ Sporting organisations that are Dirty Dogs

Originally posted by @saintbletch

FFS Ohio, itā€™s not widely known, but The Manā€™s banning of pap was part of a coordinated attempt to wean him off conspiracy theories.

Which in itself, is a conspiracy theory.

Now you come along and put his therapy back months.

Years now, thanks to your intervention, bletch!

They always say that about sponsorsā€¦until the controversy blows over and they get back on boardā€¦

Itā€™s pretty clear to me that at least one of Papā€™s investigations must have been getting pretty near to The Truth, for The Man to shut him down like he did. I wonder which one it was? Prob i.e. the one where the Twin Trousers are still standing, or i.e. the one where there is no moon.

4 Likes

Ha, I seriously doubt it. The only thing I was seriously discussing this year was the nasty business in Westminster, and thatā€™s more news these days than conspiracy theory.

There were obviously a few people that took the hump so I just took a lot of that discussion elsewhere. Weirdly enough, it was all the people that hated conspiracy theorists that ended up bringing conspiracy theories up over the past year.

We will never know why I was banned. I doubt steve knows. Iā€™d expect reinvestigatepapsbanning.com to become a thing in the near future. The theories will rage for years.

2 Likes

Without the ban hammer, papsweb would have been stillborn. Much more fun here than the other place!

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Without the ban hammer, papsweb would have been stillborn. Much more fun here than the other place!

Yeah, this is undoubtedly true, but itā€™s only because weā€™ve got most of the funnest, funniest posters from other places. On that note, we still need to get a couple more people before we can truly say weā€™ve got the band back together.

I would like to see:

• more Smirking

• Lighthouse

• Whelk

• sadoldgit

• cat

• bridge too far

• bucks

I believe we may have secured the membership of a certain Old git tonight.

1 Like

Originally posted by @pap

Ha, I seriously doubt it. The only thing I was seriously discussing this year was the nasty business in Westminster, and thatā€™s more news these days than conspiracy theory.

What I find weirder than any conspiracy theory is how people can be interacting with each other on a forum for 5, in some cases 8 or 10 years and have never met each other. Theyā€™ve probably had more time spent with each other than some of their closest mates, and letā€™s face it, some of the man love on this forum runs pretty deep. And yet they donā€™t actually ever meetā€¦for years and yearsā€¦ That feels so sad!

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

What I find weirder than any conspiracy theory is how people can be interacting with each other on a forum for 5, in some cases 8 or 10 years and have never met each other. Theyā€™ve probably had more time spent with each other than some of their closest mates, and letā€™s face it, some of the man love on this forum runs pretty deep. And yet they donā€™t actually ever meetā€¦for years and yearsā€¦ That feels so sad!

Iā€™ve said before; poster intention plays a lot into it. If someone sees a forum as a place to exchange ideas, then itā€™s one thing. If someone else sees it as a ready supply of people to take aim at, it becomes another, and it is natural that theyā€™ll try to belittle anyone with slightly purer motives, even if those motives are having a few beers in a local pub.

The tumbleweeds currently rolling through TMS will chase them here soon enoughā€¦

Originally posted by @Cascadia-SaintThe tumbleweeds currently rolling through TMS will chase them here soon enoughā€¦

I noticed that too, but actually think itā€™s a bit more profound than that. Last couple of years, muppetry has been more of a movement (if only across the site) than posting in a certain sub-forum. The funniest thing I think I ever read was on the main board, by Bear; the loss of the Muppets is going to be felt throughout.

There have been 1.2K posts here in less than a couple of weeks, almost, and sometimes to a fault, pure Monkey Tennis. Itā€™s TMS writ large, and while weā€™re going to have a couple of initial problems with boundaries and suchlike, I think thatā€™s a fucking solid base for a decent forum.

4 Likes

1 Like

What do you think gives the 5 foot 3.5 inch Sepp Blatter such a brass-necked chip on his shoulder?

No offence papster.

I heart small people really.

Absolutely Pap, as I mentioned in the ā€˜Why Im Hereā€™ thread, this, for an internet forum newbie, has that feel and welcomeness to itā€¦and as you also say, its good to know what and where the boundaries are :wink:

Originally posted by @OzSaintDave

Absolutely Pap, as I mentioned in the ā€˜Why Im Hereā€™ thread, this, for an internet forum newbie, has that feel and welcomeness to itā€¦and as you also say, its good to know what and where the boundaries are :wink:

The truth of the matter is that it should be hard to have flame wars. Iā€™ve been a member of various online forums since the days they were invented. Very few of them are out and out flame wars, and if youā€™d spend any serious amount of time on many of the Saintsā€™ boards (I exclude IBO because I know nowt about it), youā€™d be forgiven for thinking theyā€™re all like that.

I hope so. Donā€™t always agree with him, but heā€™s a good egg.

Thereā€™s a bomb threat at Fifa - first assumtions Pap?

i doubt it was pap, tokyos. Pretty offensive assumption to make imo